471 41st St. Allegan, MI 49010

mailing address: 630 38th St. Allegan, MI 49010

Phone: 269-521-3440 . Fax: 269-521-3440

Welcome to Cheshire Township

swan

Cheshire is an unincorporated community at 42°27′06″N 85°56′04″W. The first permanent white settler was Simeon Pike from Monroe County, New York, who arrived in 1839. Cheshire Township was organized in 1851 and the sawmill village was named for the township. A post office named Cheshire was established on March 8, 1856, with Jonathon Howard as the first postmaster. The name of the office was "Lake" from April 10, 1858, until February 18, 1863, when it reverted to Cheshire. The office closed on March 6, 1879, and reopened from June 20, 1879, until July 30, 1905. -source, Wikipedia

Cheshire Township Allegan Michigan

Area
• Total 36.0 sq mi (93.3 km2)
• Land 34.9 sq mi (90.5 km2)
• Water 1.1 sq mi (2.8 km2)
Elevation 689 ft (210 m)
Population (2010)
• Total 2,199
• Density 66.8/sq mi (25.8/km2)
Time zone Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)
• Summer (DST) EDT (UTC-4)

-source Wikipedia